Watonga Chamber of Commerce
The Watonga Chamber of Commerce is organized for the purpose of advancing the economic, industrial, professional, cultural, and civic welfare to the benefit of the citizens of the City of Watonga and the surrounding community.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors govern and set the policy for the Chamber. The Board of Directors make decisions necessary to carry out the Chambers purpose.
Current Board of Directors
- President: Toni White, Accountant/Entrepreneur
- Treasurer: Kason Oakes, Pastor- Watonga Nazarene Church
- Tim Howard, Retired- City of Watonga
- Helen Naifeh, Life Coordinator- Chisholm Trail Technology Center
- Bobby Stitt, Administrator- Mercy Hospital Watonga
- Sandy Adams, Loan Officer
- Kari Cox, Assistant Vice-President- First State Bank
- Christopher Derenzo, Lucky Star Casino Watonga
- Brad Stinson, Whirlwind Winery
The Chamber Director oversees the daily operation of the Chamber, implement policies set by the Board of Directors.
Get involved & serve on one or more of our Committees
- Agricultural Committee: Form a relationship with the agricultural community, and perhaps organize a farmers market.
- Economic Development Committee: Develop plans to recruit new businesses and to help and improve existing businesses.
- Highways/Legislation Committee: Develop a welcoming environment for travelers through the city. Research and develop issues to be brought to the attention of the city, county, and state government. Monitor legislative actions that may affect the local businesses for the good of the business community.
- Retail Trade Committee: To encourage shopping in Watonga. Expand focus to home based businesses. To research & develop retail promotions and events.
- City Planning Committee: Establish positive interactive relations with city officials and other organizations of interest.
- Finance & Budget Committee: Review dues schedule. Develop and submit annual budget to the Board of Directors.
- Ways & Means Committee: Research and develop revenue streams for the Chamber of Commerce.
- Tourism Committee: To identify landmarks & sites, and develop plans for events to encourage tourism
- Membership Committee: Purpose is the Recruitment and retention of members, including but not limited to:
1. Recommend measures to promote Chamber Membership
2. Monitor Chamber publications- print and electronic
3. Identify services that the Chamber can offer to members
Serving the Community
The Chamber of Commerce provides a central location for anyone to come and receive information about our town and our state. The Chamber is open five– days a week so we are able to answer inquires for anyone who calls or stops in. We maintain a community calendar to keep the community informed.
The Chamber also organizes the following Events:
- Watonga Trout Derby
- Annual Banquet & Meeting
- Watonga Town-Wide Garage Sale
- Watonga Cheese & Wine Festival
You are invited to become a member of the Chamber of Commerce. Your membership helps with the purpose of the Chamber and promotes your business.
As a Member of the Chamber of Commerce you and your business are entitled to the following:
- Invitation to networking events
- Presented with a Membership Certificate and a Membership Sticker
- Your company logo will be displayed on the Chamber of Commerce website, with a link to your website/Facebook page (if provided)
- Discounted tickets to the Annual Chamber of Commerce Banquet
- You are eligible to serve on the Board of Directors and/or Committees
- Your company is eligible to be featured on the Chamber of Commerce newsletters
- You are entitled to vote for members of the Board of Directors
- Your business will be featured on the Cheese & Wine Festival Map (non-members will not be featured)
New benefits added this year!
- Your Membership is also featured on the Cheese & Wine Festival Website
- Free advertising for employment on our website
- Free flyer posting on our Home Page and the Community Calendar Page