Wonderful Family Fun!
The three-day event gives fishermen an opportunity to catch tagged trout for prizes. One hundred tagged trout are put in the lake in conjunction with the normal trout stocking done by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation.
• First Weekend in March. March 2-4, 2018.
• Friday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
• Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
• (Trout MUST be checked in by 3:00 p.m. Sun. @ Headquarters near General Store)
• Pre-Registration is available by visiting the Watonga Chamber of Commerce office at 505 S. Clarence Nash Blvd or email email@example.com
• Two ways to pay the Online Registration (see below for payment options)
• On-site registration will begin at 7:00 a.m. – 3 p.m. Friday & Saturday, and 7:00 a.m. – 1 p.m. Sunday. Registration headquarters is located at the General Store on the lake.
• All fish must be weighed in by 3 p.m. Sunday, which will mark the end of the Derby.
• A trout stamp is no longer required by the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife.
• Valid Oklahoma State fishing licenses are required.
• All fishing must comply with Oklahoma State fishing laws. (See Rules & Regulations below for more information.)
• Senior Division: 18 years old & older, registration fee ($20) for all three (3) days of the Derby.
• Junior Division: 17 years old & below, registration fee ($10) for all three (3) days of the Derby
• Cash prizes for in both divisions Sr. and Jr. for Heaviest Fish, Heaviest Stinger, Combined Weekend Stringer and a Grand Prize drawing for all entries 55″ Flat Screen TV
Rules & Regulations:
(Please read carefully – Your registration implies you have read and understand all rules)
1. Registration may be done anytime while the Derby Headquarters (General Store at Roman Nose State Park) is open, up until 1:00 Sunday when Registration closes.
2. All trout must be caught within the boundaries of Lake Watonga, at Roman Nose State Park during the event, and only trout are considered to be eligible for prizes. Only trout registered at the Weigh Station are eligible for prizes.
3. Weigh Station (General Store) will be open at 7:00 a.m. Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will close at 5:00 p.m. Friday and Saturday. It will close at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, which will denote the end of the Derby.
4. All fishing must comply with Oklahoma State Trouting Laws. Trout Stamps are no longer required by State of Oklahoma, but valid Fishing Licenses are.
5. Any potential winning trout competing in the largest trout category must be available for display at the Awards Ceremony or have been donated to the sponsors for showing at the Awards Ceremony. We strongly urge all potential award winners to be present in person to receive their prizes. This is asked in order to facilitate coverage by news media present for the ceremony. All other trout need only be properly registered.
6. In case of tie, winner will be determined at the discretion of weigh master.
7. It remains the responsibility of the angler concerned that the trout on display be picked up immediately after the ceremony. Prizes not claimed within 30 days will revert back to Watonga Chamber of Commerce and Friends of Roman Nose. Prizes won in a drawing must be picked up or shipping arranged made and paid for by winner.
8. Trout that has evidence of having been frozen and thawed will not be accepted for registration. Weigh master and/or Judge’s decision will be final.
9. All tagged trout must have the tag in the trout with no evidence of tampering with tag when presented at the Weigh Station. Tag can only be removed by weighmaster or judge. Weigh master and/or Judge’s decision will be final. Only the 100 tag numbers provided by fish hatchery for this year’s special stocking will be eligible for prizes.
10. Eligibility of any trout in question will be at the discretion of the Weigh master and/or Judge and their decision will be final. Any trout who’s weight is in question may be gutted and inspected, after weighing. Weigh Master’s decision will be final.
11. Watonga Trout Derby reserves the right to add prizes or otherwise change prizes offered if the executive committee deems it necessary during the contest.
12. Sponsors are not responsible for any accidents or injuries.
13. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name and photograph for promotional purposes.
14. All trout must be caught by rod and reel or pole and line only. NOT ALLOWED: Jug lines, Trot Lines, Dynamite, C-4, Electroshock, Bow & Arrow, Noodling, Netting, Chemicals, Bank Pole, or Yo-Yo. IGFA conventional rules and records apply.
15. Trout Derby Chairman decisions are final. Eligibility of any trout in question will be at the discretion of the Weighmaster or general Chairman. All prize money will be given to the individuals after Trout Derby ends.
16. Participants may not combine stringers for entries in heaviest stringer category. Violation of this rule will disqualify participant from all prizes.
17. Participants must be 18 years of age in order to be eligible to win the Gift Card.
Rules & Regulations subject to change at the discretion of the Watonga Chamber of Commerce.
OPTION 1- VIA PAYPAL
OPTION 2- VIA ACTIVE.COM
Thank you for your support!